9.10.2016


The implosion of Hanjin Shipping Company has disturbed, distracted, and discombobulated me.  Several recent events, in fact, have had a similar impact.  In the case of Hanjin, I have been trying to determine if this is profound network-effect or "just" old-fashioned bad management: the crucial grain of sand in a catastrophic landslide or just a healthy punctuation?

But while I have been struggling over the evidence, my indecision (among other factors) has kept me from posting on other topics.  So here's a collection of some coverage of the Hanjin collapse.  I will come back to analysis when my mind -- and maybe the situation -- is clearer.

Hanjin Shipping gets U.S. court order, cash to unload ships

Why the global network of cargo ships is suddenly melting down.

Hanjin Shipping: One company with 2.9% market share roils global trade

South Korea’s Hard Line on Hanjin Shipping Signals New Attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment